PAN-AMERICAN CONCERNED CITIZENS ACTION LEAGUE, INC.
PACCAL is a multi-service 501 (c3) organization founded in 1992 to assess and or to address the health and human service needs of Filipinos and other Asians in Jersey City. Currently, it is partly funded by a Community Development Block Grant from the City of Jersey City Division of Community Development. It is also a community partner of NYU Project AsPIRE & Kalusugan Coalition. PACCAL has a Neighborhood Center located at 380 Monmouth St., Jersey City, New Jersey. For information on PACCAL services, please call Linda Mayo, Executive Director at (201) 3881260.
HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
To promote the development of New Jersey residents and communities, primarily Asian Americans, by providing a comprehensive access to health and human services initiatives.
To promote New Jersey’s Filipino and Asian heritage through culturally competent and community needs based programs and initiatives.
Economically disadvantaged and deprived, at-risk youth, victim of abuses, troubled families, the elderly and the handicap, difficult–to-reach communities and newly arrived immigrants.
PROGRAMS AND SERVICES
* Information & referrals to City & County services & agencies
* Affordable medical check-ups and health services
* Voter registration
* Citizenship Drives
* Senior Entitlements
* Healthy Aging Project
* Senior well-being checks
* Social & recreational activites for Seniors
* HIV/AIDS Outreach Program
* Cultural & Folk Arts Programs
* Substance abuse prevention program
* Educational Workshops & Forums on Youth and Family
* Hypertension Education & Prevention Program
* Diabetes Education & Prevention Program
* Domestic Violence Prevention
* Quality of Life / Neighborhood Issues
* Philippine Books, videos & games available for lending
* Ballroom Dancing
Asian American Federation
“Kalusugan Coalition” NYU- Project AsPIRE
Horizon Health Center
Philippine-American Veterans Organization, Inc.
Jersey City Free Public Library
Ladies for Rizal, Inc. , New Jersey Chapter
Philippine Senior Citizens International, Inc.
Filipino-American National Historical Society, Inc. NJ Chapter